• Accept and make ad hoc telephone enquiries from/to clients, stakeholders and third parties with regard to cases. Ensuring that all claims are handled efficiently and in the correct technical manner; settling them in line with policy cover and legal liability.
• Build a positive relationship with each client whilst processing the claim, help manage their expectations and deliver the right outcome.
• Ensure accuracy in all aspects of claims processing including; arranging medical appointments with appropriate medical agencies to enable valuation of personal injury claims, negotiating costs, using MOJ Portal, logging supporting evidence, handling claims under the Civil Procedure Rules and Legislation.
• Arrange and monitor provision of hire vehicles to the client and to ensure the hire system works effectively. Negotiate to control costs, adhering to deadlines and time constraints.
• Process Engineer’s Reports and Storage instructions, providing independent evidence to the other side to support the client’s claim for their losses
• Chasing Form of Authorities on Credit Hire cases, gathering the required legal evidence of client’s financial means to enable recovery of the credit hire head of claim.
• Ensure compliance with Information Security Policies including data confidentiality and the operational security of the Information Systems used.
• Knowledge and understanding of motor insurance and motor claims
• Contact Centre experience
• Preferably experience working within an insurance field
• Knowledge of case management systems and excellent ICT skills
• Understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority and Data Protection protocols
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Team ethic, cooperative and flexible
• Commitment, drive and a people person
Our status as the most innovative and progressive claims management firm is only possible because of the people who work hard to get us there.
We are Investors in People Accredited and committed to hiring the best talent for our legal practice and just as committed to keeping them. We want motivated employees to join our growing team – which is why our salaries, benefits and personal development programmes are among the most competitive in personal injury law.
Our aim is to provide excellent customer service and to promote this throughout our organisation; your aim as our Claims Handler is to ensure delivery of exceptional customer service with an attention to detail and accuracy.
We recognise the importance of our staff by offering careers with real value. At Winns we are committed to offering employees competitive salaries and benefits, but we also encourage them to strive for more. Every member of staff has the opportunity to play a part in achieving results for our clients. We believe that true job satisfaction is achieved through making a difference. We don’t just show our staff the career ladder, we offer them the leg up they need to realise their ambitions. Excellence is always rewarded with genuine promotion opportunities, access to professional development initiatives and the chance to help shape the future of our dynamic business.
• Competitive salary dependent of skills and experience
• Excellent benefits package
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of submitting your CV your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.